Automotive Oil & Lube Technician ( Top Side Automotive Technician)
Top-side automotive oil and lube technician!
Geared for the Driven.
At Great Canadian Oil Change, excellent customer service is our focus and we pride ourselves on having team members that always go the extra mile to make our customers happy. We are currently looking to add another Team member to our family! At Great Canadian Oil Change prides ourselves in our ability to create a positive, professional and academic environment. Customers are the backbone to our business and our Team members ability to keep them coming back year after year is why we are the best in the business!
What you will need to succeed!
- Good Customer Service Skills
- A desire for a long term career with growth potential
- Good mechanical Knowledge
- The ability to retain detailed product information
- Good communication skills in a busy and loud environment
- Desire to learn more about cars
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to bend, stand, walk, and reach for long period of time
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
As an Top Side service technician, your tasks will include
- Navigate our computer system and Communicate preventive maintenance to our customers
- Perform all underhood checks like air filters, cabin filters and all fluids
- Work with a senior technician or manager on and off the floor
- Replacement of vital car fluids ( e.g coolant, transmission, drive line fluids )
- Communicating with lower technicians and following Super-Pro Procedures
- Follow safety guidelines , Wear required PPE ( safety glasses & bump cap )
- Maintaining and organizing parts, stock and inventory
- Keep a clean and organized work station
- Complete daily cleaning duties, Mop & squeegee the floors, clean and organize tools
- Willingness to continue to work towards completion of online training modules in our Valvoline University
What else can you expect from a career at Great Canadian Oil Change?
We offer a fast track training plan with on the floor training and online university training with raises after completion and graduation from technician to certified technician then becoming a senior technician! Motivated Technicians can also see themselves learning assistant manager and manager roles! We look within the company first and promote within!
- Professional work environment with a great team environment
- Competitive wage structure ( scheduled raise program with completion of training )
- Work with the newest tools and technology in the automotive industry
- Flexible work hours ( No late nights!)
- The opportunity to grow your vehicle knowledge and gain invaluable experience in the automotive field.
- On site parking
- Store discounts
Base wage $17 per hour
Commision $2 - $6+ per hour.
Tips $2 - $6 per hour
Expect Starting base wage and commission with tips on top to be $22 per hour.
Expect after 90 days with good performance and completed training to be $26 - $29 per hour
If you have a positive attitude, are driven to succeed, have a willingness to learn, and genuinely like Customer service then put yourself in the driver's seat at Great Canadian Oil Change!