Assistant Service Centre Manager
Geared for the Driven
At Great Canadian Oil Change, it all starts with our people. We demonstrate that belief every day by living a safety culture that protects our team members and guests. Our drive-thru oil change experience lets you stay in your vehicle. Plus, we’ve stepped up extra safety measures in line with Canada Health guidance. It’s our goal to not only serve but to earn the trust of our communities and have each other’s backs.
If you are looking for a full-time career with excellent advancement potential, you’ll find it all at GCOC. With an award-winning training program and fair and honest values, we’re here to help you reach every milestone.
What you’ll do:
As an Assistant Manager, you will blend technical and management skills to lead, develop and train others in providing superior customer service. No day is ever dull. You’ll be on the move, interacting with your team and customers to find the best solutions for their vehicle’s needs while building loyalty. You will also enjoy playing a role in your team members’ success. If you are ready to take the initiative, we’re here to help you put your career on the fast-track to success.
- Deliver a positive first impression to each guest with a warm and friendly greeting
- Build trust and win repeat, loyal customers
- Assist the Service Centre Manager (SCM) in the daily operation and oversight of the service centre
- Responsible for inventory, labour management and financial performance of the service centre.
- Become familiar with Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance and other policies and procedures
- Mentor, lead and train the team to optimize their development
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized service centre and facilitate a safe and secure working environment
- Provide superior customer service leadership
How you’ll succeed:
- You are friendly and willing to work as part of customer-focused team
- Have effective interpersonal, oral communication skills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Knowledge of cash handling, facility and safety control policies and practices
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time and climb stairs
- Have full mobility and are able to twist, stoop and bend
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months of supervisory experience or related experience/training preferred
- Competitive pay
- On-the-job training
- Company provided uniforms and tools
- We promote from within-a commitment we are passionate about
- No late evenings
*May differ depending on location